Big Ideas around Earning Money:
- Objects – and work – have value
- We can trade money for objects or for work
- Some things have more value that others
- We can earn money in different ways
- We can choose how we earn money
The story character is an ambitious bunny looking to become – “rich and famous”.
Her ambition leads to clever currency choice.
Tasks inspired from this text:
What is our currency? What and when do we earn money?
Set up a store in the classroom. Include coins, paper and pens for price tags and signage. Consider including a calculator, a scanner and/or cash register for money exchange as well as clipboards for recording exchanges.
Adapted from Carole Fullerton and Sandra Ball resource : Financial Literacy in Primary