Call for Book Reviews
Below you will find a list of possible books that we are seeking reviews for. If you would like to do a review of one of these books, or of a different approved one, then Vector will buy the book for you. Simply get preapproval from one of the Vector editors, buy the book, and submit the book review along with the receipt for the book. All book reviews will be peer reviewed. As such, you can expect to get feedback on your review from two reviewers and one of the editors. As soon as this feedback has been addressed and the review is ready for publication you will be reimbursed for the cost of the book.
A good book review not only summarizes the content of the book but also gives a well supported assessment of the quality of the book. Very good reviews take into account a number of different metrics, from applicability to readability, when making this assessment. Submissions for this category should not exceed 1000 words.
If you have any suggestions for books you would like to see reviewed please send an email to the editors. Titles marked in RED have already been spoken for.
Books in need of review
- The Number Devil: A Mathematical Adventure – Hans Magnus Enzensberger
- How Many Elephants in a Blue Whale? – Marcus Weeks
- Lewis Carroll in Numberland – Robin Wilson
- What’s Math Got to do With It? – Jo Boaler
- Professor Stewart’s Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities – Ian Stewart
- Mathematics as a Constructive Activity – Anne Watson and John Mason
- Uncle Petros & Goldbach’s Conjecture – Apostolos Doxiadis